Fireworks Cause Fire

A resident of Ikes Acres was woken by a neighbor banging on the door, telling him his house was on fire. Bill Hutchinson was asleep in the house and had to crawl through thick smoke to escape his burning home at 6628 Rebecca Lane early Monday morning at about 12:10 am. Earlier that night, Bill and his friends were shooting off fireworks and placed them in a trashcan near the front of the house, and they ignited, then spread to the front porch of the house. When Hennessey Firefighters arrived, the house was fully engulfed. Hutchinson was not injured, but the mobile home and a car were a total loss.  Photos by Matt Bruner and Jack Quirk