Hennessey – High School
We are looking for someone who loves children and excels in a fast-paced environment! This individual will account for the daily meal counts and receipts by operating a cash register, computer, or cash box with class roster. May assist with preparation of breakfast, lunch or special catering functions for students, staff and patrons of the school district.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Handle customer monies at service time. Run the cash register/computer and make change, if required.
- Complete necessary paperwork and reconciliation tasks on a daily basis, in accordance with district and Opaa! procedures
- Assist with set-up of serving lines on a daily basis and make sure that all hot food is hot and cold food is held cold. Milk coolers are stocked and ready for service.
- Assist in some of the preparation of foods for meal service or preparation of product for future use, in accordance with the Opaa! menu plan and compliant with Opaa! recipes.
- Operate slicers, mixers, grinders, and other equipment with proper certification, if required.
- Keep work areas neat, clean, and organized.
- Restock items as needed.
- Serve items as needed.
- Keeps serving lines/condiments supplied with food items, napkins, silverware and dishes.
- Assist in keeping and maintaining accurate production records.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, kneel, crawl, push, pull, grasp, feel, taste, smell, talk, hear, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must exert over 60 pounds of force occasionally and/or be able to frequently lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Frequently works around moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat.
- Noise level is usually loud.
Desired qualifications, skills and experience
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be 18 years old or older. Requires successful completion of a background check. TB and other immunizations may be required (state of KS only).
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred; or up to one month related experience, training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Opaa! Food Management is a leading provider of child nutrition programs in the Midwest. Opaa! serves over 220 K-12 public school districts in 6 states, with a combined enrollment of over 225,000 students. Opaa! partners with its client school districts to increase student participation in school meal programs, create a financially sustainable child nutrition program, and ensure compliance with state and federal regulations. Family owned and operated since 1978, Opaa!’s mission is “Make their Day!”