PARTS OF MAIN ST. EVACUATED

Monday morning at about 10:30 am, Hennessey Police and Fire went door to door evacuating the buildings in the 100 block of S. Main St.  The construction crew working on the roof at the Hennessey First Baptist Church struck a large gas meter in the alley on the north side of the church causing the leak. Hennessey Fire and Police blocked off the roads in the area to keep traffic out of the area.  

Oklahoma Natural Gas contained the gas leak at about 11:40 am allowing business to reopen. Roads in the area remained closed for a short time while ONG finished up.  Kingfisher County Emergency Management also responded to the scene.