Under the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana and Patient Protection Act, this position is considered safety-sensitive. Safety-sensitive is defined as a job that includes operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, power tools and includes monitoring the performance or operation of equipment where the malfunction could result in property damage.
The primary purpose of this position is to maintain, configure and repair inside plant switching (IP & TDM voice) equipment and software, complete service requests and respond to trouble tickets in a timely manner.
The normal hours for this position are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with occasional after hours and weekend duty.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and resolving technical issues from internal and external customers for the voice infrastructure, IP/TDM Voice Network infrastructure and ensuring continuous functionality, network security, reliability, scalability and optimization of network resources.
- Supports the company’s voice services for TDM, VoIP, UCCX and SIP.
- Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and resolving technical issues from internal and external customer for the company’s voice services for TDM, VoIP, UCCX and SIP.
- Duties include voice trouble resolution, voice capacity planning, implementing ongoing voice architecture improvements in an LEC/Long Distance carrier environment.
- Ensures functionality on the Softswitch configurations and related hardware equipment by performing acceptance tests as appropriate and completes appropriate forms.
- Completes service requests and clears trouble tickets by assigned due dates.
- Provides support for resolving escalated issues from internally and external customers for network infrastructure, TDM and IP circuits and configurations.
- Responds to after hour emergency call out via rotating on call schedule within 30 minutes for company voice service platforms.
- Works closely and in collaboration with the technical teams including network operations, and information technology to form cohesive synergy delivering quality voice services.
- Commits to performing job tasks in a manner that ensures a safe work environment.
- Willingly and cooperatively performs other related duties as assigned by management
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must maintain a good driving record and a valid driver license.
- Must meet the attached Certification and Training requirements of the IP Switching Technician III (Voice).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Related experience in troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing telecommunications equipment in a service provider network.
- Experience with TDM voice technologies IP Hosted voice, Cloud PBX, voice system administration, voice provisioning, deploying voice services for commercial and residential users.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Ribbon C15 and C20 SoftSwitch Platforms Tandem and Remote Features
- Knowledge and experience with IP sub-netting and routing protocols a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with troubleshooting IAD’s, DS3, DS1, E&M, T1, PRI, and SS7 Signaling
- Knowledge and Experience with troubleshooting VOIP technologies, CODEC, SIP-Trunks.
- Experience with troubleshooting (Nortel, Genband, Ribbon) Class 5 SoftSwitch and Session Border Controllers.
- Experience with all phases of voice telecommunications from circuit design through advanced switching translations and network architecture.
- Experience with Wireshark, Analyzers, Secure Shell and Linux a plus.
- Knowledge of optical technologies a plus.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player and project a positive attitude.
- Able and willing to be on call and work extended hours, weekends and holidays.
- Able and willing to continue technical skill development by attending training away from home for an extended time frame.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods, walking, finger dexterity, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity including close vision.
- Occasionally may be required to lift up to 50lbs.
- May be required occasionally to stoop, kneel or bend.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods.
- Ability to drive for extended periods.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Must be able to climb and stand on a ladder for extended periods.
(Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and physical requirements.)
IP Switching Technician – Voice Certification and Training Requirements
IP Switching Technician III – Voice:
- 0 to 1 year of experience in one or more of the following:
- Ribbon C15 and C20 Platform Overview
- Telecom Power & DC power basics
- Basic Electronics
- Adtran, Calix and Vaonet Overview
- Must acquire Wireshark and SIP Training within 18 months.
- Must acquire CompTIA Core certification within 18 months and maintain certification until a higher certification is acquired.
IP Switching Technician IV – Voice:
- 2 years related experience and/or training
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a network service provider environment.
- Ribbon Q20 or SWe SBC, SST16, G^ Gateway, PSX, C15, Peripheral Module Troubleshooting and Maintenance
- Ribbon KBS Hosted Service Setup and Troubleshooting
- Vaonet SNMP Alarm Setup and Configure Skills
- Alpha and Eltek DC Power and Inverter Setup and Troubleshooting
- SS7 and SIP Analyzer Skills and Troubleshooting Resolution
- Calix E7 Fiber Specialist certifications and maintain said certification.
- Cisco CCENT/Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician or Equivalent
IP Switching Technician V – Voice:
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in three or more of the following:
- Ribbon Q20 or SWe SBC, Ribbon PSX, SST16, G6 Gateway, C15 Tandem Translations
- Must acquire or possess a current MEF-CECP certification and maintain said certification
- Must acquire or possess a current Cisco CCNA or Equivalent
IP Switching Technician VI – Voice:
- 4 years related experience and/or training
- Ribbon Q20 or SWe SBC, Ribbon PSX, SST16, G6 Gateway, C15 Engineering and Design Capabilities
- Must acquire or possess a current Second Cisco CCNA or Equivalent
- Must acquire or possess a current CCNP or Equivalent) certification and maintain said certification until a higher certification is acquired.1
- The specific certification to be acquired will be determined by the Department Manager based on the needs of the department and the employee’s skills and abilities.