Hennessey Firefighters responded to a structure fire at 708 S. Main St. at about 6:30 pm last Sunday, March 10th. Upon arrival firefighters found smoke coming from the attic of the home. The homeowners, Logan and Georgia Tillman were outside the residence. According to the HFD report the fire was caused by a grease fire in the kitchen that spread into the attic. 

Logan battled the fire with his garden hose keeping it from progressing then had to receive medical treatment for smoke inhalation by Hennessey Fire on scene until Life EMS arrived, but refused transport. The report states that the damage was minimal. HFD cleared smoke from the home and reported the fire under control at about 6:45 pm. Hennessey Police and Kingfisher County Sheriff’s Department assisted with traffic control, and LIFE EMS with patient care. Photo by AAH Jack Quirk