Late in the evening on Friday, December 8th, a mobile home in Hennessey became the scene of a tragic fire. The residence, situated at 12768 E 630 Rd, belonged to Donnie Harris and was completely engulfed in flames by the time firefighters arrived. Regrettably, the home was completely destroyed, and initial investigations by the Hennessey Fire Department indicated that an electrical outlet, which had a space heater plugged into it, could be the cause of the fire. Miraculously, Harris managed to escape unharmed, and there were no reported injuries. Additionally, the Hennessey Fire Department received assistance from the Kingfisher County Sheriff’s Department during the incident.

Jimmy Berkenbile, a member of the Community Action Team, emphasized the urgent need for financial support in cleaning up the charred remains. To contribute to Donnie’s recovery, donations can be made at The Community State Bank, specifically to the Hennessey Community Action Team for the benefit of Donnie Harris. The same assistance can also be provided at the Hennessey First United Methodist Church.