At about 4 am this morning Keri and Jamie Keel were awoken by her brother yelling her name. The four occupants at 300 West Oklahoma left the house safely but the house, shop, and garage were lost. Hennessey Firefighters Dustin Munroe and Jaylen Goff were the first on the scene and found the shop and home fully engulfed in flames. The call went out for assistance from the Waukomis and Dover fire departments. Hennessey Firefighters cleared the scene at about 9 a.m. The American Red Cross and Kingfisher County Emergency Management arrived and assisted the family with their immediate needs. Wayne Wright Construction of Hennessey provided food for the firefighters.
This family lost everything in this fire. If you would like to help The Hennessey Community Action Team (CAT) has set up an account at Community State Bank. Mention “The Keel Family” on your check. Or you can bring a check by Eagle Propane at the corner of Hwy 51 & 81.