New year, new career?
The GCSO is accepting applications for the position of Deputy Sheriff.
Garfield County is a progressive agency and one of the faster growing counties in Northwest Oklahoma, with a population nearing 62,000 people. Deputies are provided with uniforms, cell phone, take home vehicles, rifles/shotguns and other equipment. The Office has an excellent record of providing in-service and outside training for all staff.
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check. No one may apply who has been convicted of a
felony or crime of moral turpitude. Must have a strong ethical standard.
• Must be in good physical health and pass a drug screening
• Must be full time CLEET certified peace officer, in good standing
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays, subject to on-calls several times a month
• Ability to work 12-hour or more shifts
• Must live in Garfield County
Salary $3721.50 a month, for the first six months, then $3773.75 a month afterwards. Deputies work various divisions from courts/transports, civil, patrol and investigations. Benefits: Paid insurance for the employee, paid sick leave, paid vacation, paid holidays, OPERS retirement, deferred compensation option.
For more information, and how to apply come by
Garfield County Sheriff’s Office
216 W. Oxford